Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Foolish Ones


It's been pretty confusing to be Indonesians lately.
Between pride and disappointment, it all mixed up.

Like tourism. I'm pretty much head over heels with my country right now as Indonesia keeps attracting the world with its natural charm. Yet on the same time, our internal harmony is on jeopardy. The race and religion issue is getting too much and I'm this close to... You know, stuff you religion freaks don't want to hear.

This makes me realize how low-educated my fellow citizens are. And how trash their talk is. No I'm not going to discuss the topic of "race and religion" no, oh God, I've had enough. I want to talk about something else. That also shows how poor Indonesians' mindset is.

I want to talk about Rio Haryanto.

Pic's from here.

The first ever Indonesian in Formula One.

Okay I need to set things straight here: I ain't some bandwagon fan -or what you call in Bahasa as "karbitan"- who starts to track Rio's journey ever since he made it into F1. No. I've been exposed to him long ago, as he is on the same age with me, and I've always had this jealousy—I mean, I've always had this MAJOR SUPPORT for people my age -I once brought up Neymar and Sam Smith to this blog, you can look it up. I've known him far before 2016, unlike most Indonesians do, so no, I'm not that kind of spontaneous groupie.

Back to topic.

Today was the Race Day for Australia Grand Prix. Yesterday was the qualification and as you might knew, Rio had some incident that forced him to start from the last position today. And as you might as well knew, many Indonesians whom are mostly clueless about the racing world and stuff, started their trash-talk galore.

Saying that it's an unnecessary thing done by Rio, cursing about how reckless that poor guy was, self-observing that this was a super bad start for Indonesia and could not be good for the future, this shit, that shit, oh man! Shut the fuck up already!

You guys wanted somebody to lift the dignity of Indonesia? Rio stepped up. You guys wanted something fresh to clear up your minds from the negative vibes that has been all around the nation lately? Rio delivered a very good news. You guys made this really nice support so he could finally get the money and made it through the event, and now you think that it can give you the courtesy to mock him? You guys are such a disgrace, really.

"Seriously, people, you need to keep your uneducated mind and mouth shut. All you can do is just talk, and talk, and talk more nonsense crap, yet you know barely nothing about the race!" -- Vicky Amin, 23, furious on some level.

Last night I watched an interview on local TV station, featuring one of Indonesia's racers. She described a comprehensive rules and regulations about Formula One, and stated that such incident is common and more racers will do the same thing throughout the tournament, even worse things could possibly happen. So really, it's not that big a deal.

Remember, he's the only Indonesian in F1 now.
Plus, he's like, the only Southeast Asian.
Oh better yet, the only ASIAN.

And you, you got nothing.
Nothing but your trash mouth.

I'm not here to defend Rio -well, okay, I'm here for that too, a bit. I'm writing this more likely to emphasize on how upset I am with Indonesian citizens today. Especially the ones roaming about the internet.

They're just too fool, too lazy to dig up the complete facts that they get too carried away already with just unnecessary details. It's like, sometimes I think we're really not ready for such freedom in information exchange...

Well well, that's too much to think.
Let's just now forget about them assholes.

Obviously, F1 is not for
The Foolish Ones

No comments:

Post a Comment