Saturday, January 27, 2018

Bonjour, Le Meilleur!


It’s time.

Three weeks afterwards,
And now I feel like I’m ready.
To finally start a talk about it.

Yes.


Where should I begin?
Wow, I’m not sure, really...

Maybe from the fact that it was my very first trip to Europe? Could do. But how about the fact that I’ve visited the world’s Christmas Capital City, right during the Christmas eve? Or about getting lost in the midst of grand European buildings by the riverside—a scenery so typical to any writer’s beautiful description about a French Ville? Or about how I can land my feet in the mecca of advertising? Or the story of one-day-trip-ing to three other countries? Or how I end my year of 2017, and start 2018 in the world's most wanted city?

Seriously, it’s just so hard to decide because, because I can't even think I'm able to describe the trip! All I can think I could do now, is to describe my own feeling. Because this one, was distinctive. Because never in my life I felt so proud, so warm, so blessed, so contented and so moved, all in just one time.

Proud because, well, who wouldn't be proud to one's self if he could lift his ass up to Europe with his own great works -helped considerably by others' supports, too, but hell yea I played an important role on my own trip! I've been dreaming of visiting Europe for God knows how long. And to be able to arrive there, in such big trip,on the same damn year after I finish one other big trip to Australia, well, I don't think I've ever been more proud to myself than today.

Then the fact that I was there during winter, that's what made me feel so warm and blessed. Oh yes, I was there when Christmas celebration was lit. And by "there" I meant, Strasbourg. French Christmas Capital, where Christmas markets were the vein of the city, and Christmas Carols were the talks of the town. All my life, I never experienced any better Christmas celebration.

After Strasbourg I raided Lyon. France's second city with historical touches oh so pretty. It was only for two nights, but I couldn't ask a better European charm. Then I went on to Nice, the country's everbright coastal beauty, which I made as a base camp for my other visits: Cannes to fulfill my ambition as an adman, Monaco to fulfill my obsession as an F1 fan, and Ventimiglia to fulfill my... tummy - I swear I tasted just the best aglio olio in my entire life in this small infamous town. So much things I did, so many goals I accomplished, and if I didn't say that I wasn't contented, I don't know what else could make me so.

Finally I wrapped it up in the anticipated city. The main dish, the grand destination: Paris. Where I got to see the landmarks I could so far only dream of visiting. Where I got to walk down the passageways in which I usually only see from any travel article photos or French indie movies. Where I got to prove to myself that anything you wished to do, you could do if you tried hard enough.

And those, were what made me felt so moved.

Because I know I could go back there again. I know I could return and do the things I had not much time doing. I know I could even do better. Visit other European countries, check the big cities off of my bucket list, land in smaller towns I didn't even know existed.

I'm so moved to do more. Explore more, travel more,
Achieve even more than this trip I called Le Meilleur,

"The Best"

Can you guess which one is which?

So France,
And Europe too,
For the time being,


À bientôt, mon amour!

2 comments: